We will be following the guidelines set out by the BCCDC, WorkSafe BC, all Provincial Colleges and the RDCK.
When we book your appointment, you will get details of what to expect at the clinic but the following steps are in place:
1. A staff member will meet you at the front door to bring you into your appointment. All patients are required to sanitize their hands upon entering the office. As of July 1st, 2021 we are allowed to have up to 3 clients in our waiting room as long as every stays socially distanced. We have spaced our seating out accordingly and ask that everyone complies. Our clinic still requires masks to be worn in the clinic at this times (please note masks must be surgical or cloth and fully cover your nose and mouth).
2. Increased time between appointments to prevent overlap of patients and allow for thorough sanitizing of the rooms and equipment;
3. Use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) where applicable;
4. We have changed the working location of reception staff to cover the 6ft social distancing. We are not currently accepting cheques or cash, we will be accepting tap payments via credit or debit and we also have the ability to securely store your payment information through our software system(no number is stored, just a token).
5. We will ensure that any patients or staff with signs or symptoms of being sick must stay at hom
The wellness check in survey is mandatory. We just want to ensure that everyone continues to do health and wellness checks before coming to their appointments to keep and our staff and clients healthy and safe.
Choosing not to answer the survey at any point can result in refusal of service.
The RDCK facility is not open to the public at this time. In order to ensure our clients come directly to the clinic, we will meet everyone at the front door and bring you upstairs.